theinfernumflametheinfernumflame

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 3 Fans

_-={Crumbling Cathedral}=-_ _-={Crumbling Cathedral}=-_

Outstanding

I've always loved your music, but this one makes my jaw drop. The vocals are perfect, the instrumentation gives just the right depressing/ominous feeling. I've been poking around for music for a series I'm going to be posting on Newgrounds, and while this song might not be it (although a small part of it might work well), I still downloaded it.

The only flaws, really, were that some of the instruments seemed a bit too abrupt, especially the loud strings that started coming in at 0:25. Those especially seemed out of place (maybe they needed more reverb or something, but they were definitely a bit too loud).

That said, though, still an excellent piece of work, and at least parts of it will likely end up in the series.

MaestroRage responds:

this song was the last song in which I didn't throw my hand into equalizing as much as I should have. It was after making this song I realized just how crucial it was to equalize the song perfectly instead of half heartadly.

I agree with you fully, this song could have been better with some good equalizing. Making sure the instruments work together better, doesn't hide the voice as much, reduce mufflement etc.

I hope you will inform me when your series is out, I would definitely like to see it!

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it ^^.

_-={Passionate Freedoms}=-_ _-={Passionate Freedoms}=-_

Well done

Another brilliant piece from you. The whole thing was pretty much solid, except that the transition to the flute solo near the end seemed a bit rough, and the ending seemed a little too sudden. It just seemed like the change of pace was a bit too much (maybe that's what you were going for, I don't know). Outside of that, an excellent piece. Keep it up.

MaestroRage responds:

That part did seem a tad abrupt didn't it? It's a minor variation of the beginning "get up and go" segment, and it probably could have been handled better. I don't remember if it was lack of ideas, or lack of energy that resulted in a rushed entrance, but whichever it was, the music... she suffer for eternity because of such :(

I assure you, that will happen far less!

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you liked it ^^.

_-={The Tanks Thunder}=-_ _-={The Tanks Thunder}=-_

Excellent

Once again you came through with another brilliant piece. The orchestrations and percussion blend perfectly together.

The only thing that seems a little off is that it seems like it has the potential to be more epic, if you know what I mean. You know, I can see a scene playing through my head, but this piece doesn't seem to hit that high point or climax as strongly as it could.

Aside from that, though, this piece is very well done.

MaestroRage responds:

Oh this song had much much more potential then I let it have. The song was supposed to be only 1 minute long for a contest, however this song is already around 1:42, so instead of already cutting out more, I left it like this. However I will more then likely come back to it, and epicify it some more!

Thank you for the review, i'm glad you enjoyed the piece ^^.

Dreamerz: Fading Into Time Dreamerz: Fading Into Time

Very Cool

It has sort of a mysterious dreamy feel to it. I especially like the background strings as they help keep that ambient feel going. The only thing is that it seems to take a little too long to build. It works, though, if it's used as the background of a flash (as your description says). Well done.

By the way, thanks for reviewing my song.

ImperfectDisciple responds:

Well, it's meant to build like that, a nice slow, but building. Oh well, and yes, it would work nicely with flash. I might submit the looped version soon, or not : P

\m/_SuperDrummer146_\m/

Starfox Speed Remix Starfox Speed Remix

Not too bad

Wow, this song brings me back. Rather well done. There really isn't anything wrong with it, although I think it should be a little bit fuller. 'Tis a good remix.

cornandbeans responds:

Thanks. :D Some stuff got cut out, must have been an error or something in FL. I'm glad you knew to download instead of play, I was kinda bummed when I found out that was the case.

Hero's Theme (w.i.p) Hero's Theme (w.i.p)

Absolutely amazing

This piece is very well done. It doesn't seem to suit the title so well, but it's an amazing piece nonetheless. If you added some electric guitars, it would sound a good deal like something the Trans-Siberian Orchestra would do. Great job.

cornandbeans responds:

You know, I was thinking about filling in with some guitar here and there... I'm really not great, but I'm glad that power chords will probably do best here. :P Thanks for the review!

-SOES-Hatred's unleashed -SOES-Hatred's unleashed

Good work

I like the Asian feel you have in this piece. The different instruments mix together rather well. Well done.

I voted "4" and gave you a download.

Deflektor responds:

Asian and oriental are really my stuff,and like making experiments of different mixes.By the way,i already reviewed you back(your latest song).Thanks the review,pal!

_-=[On your Cold Grave]=-_ _-=[On your Cold Grave]=-_

As always

Brilliant as always.

The only comment I'd have is the tremolo strings were more distracting than they should have been. Perhaps a different set of strings would have worked better (although the strings you chose did help create a darker feel -- they were just a bit too much at times).

Overall it's very well done, and the title fits perfectly.

MaestroSorrow responds:

Different strings eh... I did try them, yet they didn't give me that "cold, depressed" feeling that the tremola strings seemed to give. I suppose it could work in this sense to, it would be stupid of me to say this is the only way to portray something. I will have to mess around with it, and see how else it could be portrayed.

Thank you for your review theinfernumflame, it gave me a good deal to think about.

Last Man Standing Last Man Standing

Wow

Wow that's beautiful. Very nicely done and not overly long. It conveys the mood perfectly. It's going right into my upcoming flash movie. Well done.

March of The Gnomes March of The Gnomes

Good

This song was fairly well put together. MIDI issues aside (and I would recommend better instruments), the song itself was good.

Xela89 responds:

Thanks for the review. I composed this a few years ago and today I have much better Orchestral samples at my disposal. Check out my latest submission if you're interested!